Check out the second-quarter Community Bank Performance Summary from our friends at CenterState Bank. Some key highlights:
- community banks less than $25B in assets delivered an 8% ROE during the quarter
- asset quality continues to improve
- earning asset yields were up while cost of funds remained steady
- average ROA increased from 0.89% in Q1 to 0.91% in Q2
You can download the full presentation here.
Second-quarter Call Report data is now available in BankTrends. Subscribers can login here.
The Bank Trends “unofficial” Problem Bank Map has declined to 463 institutions after the most recent update. The problem list peaked in June 2011, when over 1,000 banks were on our Problem Bank Map.
Subscribers can login here to use the interactive version of the map below.
Bank Trends has Q1 Call Report data!
Click here to login.
The Bank Trends “unofficial” Problem Bank Map has declined to 552 institutions after the most recent update. Subscribers can login here to use the interactive version of the map below.
Bank Trends is the easiest way to analyze FDIC Call Report data. If you’re a community bank CEO, director, or just like looking at bank data, you will love Bank Trends!
Regulators closed 2 banks last week, bringing the 2014 year-to-date total to 5.
Millennium Bank, National Association, Sterling, VA
On 2-28-14, the OCC closed Millennium Bank, NA (MB) and named FDIC receiver. WashingtonFirst Bank (WFB), Reston, VA, purchased all of the deposits and paid a 1.0% deposit premium. WFB also purchased essentially all of the failed bank’s assets.
Vantage Point Bank, Horsham, PA
On 2-28-14, the Pennsylvania Department of Banking and Securities closed Vantage Point Bank (VPB) and named FDIC receiver. First Choice Bank (FCB), Mercerville, NJ, purchased all of the deposits and paid a 1.5% deposit premium. FCB also purchased essentially all of the failed bank’s assets.
For more details, check out the Bank Trends Failed Bank Map.
Community banks in Mississippi had a great fourth-quarter as 84 out of 85 banks chartered in the state were profitable. Here are some more Q4 highlights for Mississippi community banks:
- Median pretax ROA was 1.07% in Q4
- Median ROE was 7.26% during the quarter and Net Interest Margin was 3.80%
- Average loan balances increased 8.02%; median Loans-to Deposits ratio was 68%
- Median noncurrent loans to loans ratio was 1.49%